Bangkok is truly an amazing place. Why? because even in the midst of all the modern infrastructure and western influence combined with the busy life style, it hasn’t forgotten its culture. The MTR network of the city is a great respite from the terrible traffic outside. Bangkok is the passing point for many of the backpackers who are on the way to places like “The Beach”. And where do they prefer to stay? Khaosan Road is called the backpackers mecca. Not only does it provide cheap hotels and food to the travelers, the fact that it is located close to tourist hot spots like the Royal Palace and Wat Pho makes it even more desirable.
KhaoSan Road- The most fun place in Thailand
10 Things that make Khaosan Road grrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaattttt!!!!!
1. Cheap Hotels
2. Good food (From The Big Mac to Fried Scorpions.. they have it all)
3. Near Wat Pho- Reclining Buddha and The Royal Palace
4. Initial part of the SUPER AWESOME movie The Beach starring Leonardo Di Caprio was shot here.
5. Night Clubs (“The Club” hosts great DJs from all over Bangkok and remains open till dawn)
6. Cheap Beer (Singha, Chang, Fosters etc)
7. Shopping (From T Shirts to Pirated DVDs)
8. Fake IDs ( From Student IDs to Driver’s Licenses)
9. Thai Massage.. (‘Nof said!)
10. Friends from around the world… It is a fact that you can make friends here easier than anywhere else in Thailand…
Other Things to Do/See in Bangkok
1. Siam Square is the trendiest part of the town. Hosts local musical events and is home to some of the biggest malls in the country. Ocean World and Madame Tussaud’s makes this place even more attractive.Lub D Bangkok is also a great place to stay if you don’t want to spend a fortune on accommodation.Siam Paragon was one of the grandest movie halls I have been to!
2. Sukhumvit- Lots of good street stalls and good food.
3. Chatuchak and Mae Klong market- Two of a kind.
4. Last but not the least, Muay Thai !!!!!